Thread: Driving Issues
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Mechanically worthless Man : )

Registered SVX
Driving Issues

Hey Guys,

I have been having an ongoing problem for quite some time, its kinda tricky so ill try to be as elaborate as possible.

I put the quick change in a year or two ago and although it worked it made my car shift funky especially at higway speeds so I took it out and rewired the plug back to normal.

Since that time I have had issues with my car running right; the car wants to jump a gear and rev out; dependant on where my TPS is set. Ive been messing around with it for years; when my TPS is set normal the car shifts fine until around highway speeds; then around 65-80 MPH the car just starts reving out until I tap the brake. If I set the TPS different (Put it almost all the way down) the car drives well at highway speeds but It doesnt shift right while driving in the city it misses a gear at times and doesnt want to shift smooth.

I had issues with the car starting after a vacum leak as well; however, after one long drive of the car revving at highway speeds, that problem resolved.

IDK what to look for; I pulled engine codes and I believe it read temp coolant sensor, O2 sensor and TPS; but when I corrected the TPS those codes went away.

Does anyone have any clue whats going on; its so frustruating that Im debating selling the car and getting a legacy; I dont want to, but this is very hard to put up with.

any help appreciated

Nicknamed the SexVX : )