View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 07:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: 20 / 13 It's Comming! Be Prepared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Honestly Mike, that's a crock of sh$%. The average member you speak of can afford their $100 a month cell phone bill, afford $100 a month digital cable, $400 ipods, pads and phones, things I could have never dreamed of affording when I was in their shoes. It is much more a matter of priorities and williness than money. This is coming from the same person who couldn't justify the hotel at the 10th anniversary so I found a campground and saved enough money to pay for all the food and gas there and back. The rest of the trip too about a year to pay off on my cc.

I for one would be embarassed to encourage SOA to become involved to see a bunch of cars that the owner should have spent that money on wax then even the gas to drive to an event in a parking lot strewn with beer cans and wine boxes.

Since you opened pandora's box on affordability. The hotel prices are higher than that of the meets for the TVR car club's annual out of the Woodwork not including the fact that the amenities are pretty much nil. Last year was at the Bucks County C.P. (directly across the street from Seasame Place), this year it has moved to a private resort in Princeton, which includes golf, tennis, spa, indoor and outdoor pools, etc. and the price has remained $15-25 a night cheaper than Morgantown. Over 3 nights looks to be about the same a couples dinner at a high quality banquet!

Personally, I'd be perfectly content with a park pavillion rental, a pig roast, neon crushing contest (if we can still find one) and a bon fire at the camp ground but it is the "build it and they will come" approach. Figure out what we're doing, figure out the costs associated with it and post in now. If someone makes the decision that their cell phone is more important that is on them, cheaping it down will only result in cheaping down the car.
You make some excellent points. In fact, I agree with everything you said.

Mike
2001 Audi S8