View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Re: First autoX for me since 2008

I had a number of things cross my mind while shagging cones watching a variety of cars trounce my times last weekend.

1) I'm getting close to the end of times with my SVX. I've owned it now since '95 and it has served us well. This latest incarnation (manual trans, Recaro seats and stripped down autocross car) will be it's last with me. The car is not competitive in any class within SCCA's structure and its not as interesting to me as it was in the past. She's not fast enough for speed courses nor agile enough as a momentum car. Neither are part of the SVX DNA. It's an oddity at an event and on the roads around Detroit (not a bad thing) but I need something else these days.

2)I'm not sure what will be next. I sold my truck, so towing a non-street legal car to an event is no longer an option. I need a street legal car that is more capable around the cones, more powerful and more readily open to modifications. Also, capable of performing well at autoX and possible track events.

When I'm ready to move along, I'll offer her up here first. If I don't get what I expect from her, she'll be dismantled and parts offered up.