View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: ECUtuner software and Select Monitor Interface

To make custom changes to your ECU firmware you would do the same thing I do. Edit a copy of the firmware on your pc, write that firmware to a ROM chip, install that ROM chip into one of my memory adapters, and install that memory adapter into your ECU.

To edit the firmware which the ECU is using while you are running the engine you have to use a device called an emulator. An emulator emulates a ROM chip but is really a more complicated piece of hardware which you communicate with from your pc. Emulators pretty much all emulate 8 bit ROMs so to use one with an SVX you need to have a memory adapter like my original style which uses two 8 bit ROMs (which I believe you do have). Then you need two emulators. I am going to make the ECUtuner software work with 2 ostrich emulators from moates.net but haven't written in that functionality yet. It will be nice to have but not having that ability doesn't stop you from making your own custom tunes. Most of the time you're better off making your changes at the comfort of your favorite workstation and then testing them on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Mike are we able to work some sort of magic and use your piggy back boards in the ECU change the chip to a Ram and then be able to write new fuel maps etc?
Or is it just all to complicated and easier to swap ECUs?
Tony