View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Re: Fully Carbonfiberized & Alcantra Interior

Gents
Thanks once again. Have not got much time on the ride lately, the climate control face has been painted to semi glossy black with the letters re-etched, the illumination works fine, I had this done by a local professional shop that has been around interior restoration for decades with great know how on restoring nearly any interior pieces. they also did all the alcantra, dash, door card painting for me. They just look original without any plasticky feel at all.

The sills could be prone to scratches, not easily by the weatherstrip fur sure as the coating is quite a good grade. But, I treat it like an exotic weekend car and rarely lay my feet on the sills at all..

The carbon fiber work is done by an individual who just enjoys working on hand crafting cf components. He is just as crazy as me to even willing to try wrap over anything. Imagine even the visor screw cover, rear view mirror cover, passenger hand grip screw covers all wrapped as well....

The only plastic remaining raw is the shifter plate as I aplan to do a 6 spd swap and that piece will be wrapped after necessary modification to the plate is done.

Also working on setting up the "AIM" racing dash display to replace the out dated traditional analog odometer displays.. More to come...