View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Re: possibly selling 2 of my Svxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsport-SVX View Post
honestly, never tried to use anyone to hide anything,..we had over 100
pics in the ad.
But in the ad we outright mention: transmission making noise and will probably need to be replaced, AND the paint was baked, esp on the top parts due to the Az sun..
As for electrical, I honestly couldnt drive it enough to know of any, but all the power stuff seemed to work when we moved it around the yard.

lmk, just curious what you are referring to
thanks, .. keep it rust free if you can
did you go auto or 5 spd ?
The main one that stuck in my mind was the rear bumper. I saw the pics from all 3 times it was up for sale and it wasn't until the 3rd time I noticed the blemish on the bumper in one photo. The other pics always has a girl in front of that part of the bumper.

The fender dent was not obvious in the one pic where the fender was visible but I was aware of it when I placed my bid.

I wasn't aware of how cooked the dash was. I'm not sure how I'm going to take care of that one yet.

What's the history/story about the car? Where was it sitting all those years that the grass was able to grow into almost every cavity including ones unreachable by human?

The transmission came out today and the only problem we could find was that one of the axle stubs was pulled out. Once we popped it into place everything was fine. It will probably live on in one of my dad's extras. My 5spd transmission will be installed eventually.

The SBF-3 fuse was blown and was shorting out. None of the interior lights worked, ABS light on, no heater fan. Basically anything behind that 45a fuse and the 6 smaller fuses in the interior fuse box. None of the smaller fuses were blown and we saw the interior fuse box had shorted out and was "fixed" by replacing one of the wires. The problem wasn't the wire but the fuse box itself. A replacement fuse box and pigtail fixed the problem and all accessories are working now.