View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 02:06 AM
One teal and One yellow

Re: While under the hood...

Poor Pristine Mean Polo Machine!
That's the worst thing happened to the car when it sat for a while.

Just curious! How long was the 92 teal parked next to the dumpster?
I'm thinking if the car been driven every other day, shouldn't be worry about those mice much.

Do our SVXi design attract mice more than other cars?
I have other cars sit longer, not been driven a lot and parked 4 to 5 parking space to the apartment dumpster. When I went to jump-started the car, I didn't see any trace of mice. At least, not on my Nissan and my Mazda. My Kia sat at my mechanic fren's garage for four months, waiting on a head rebuild. I went to get something from the car last week and didn't see any trace of mice, still like a new car and fired right up haha.

But I know there's some trace of "visitors" to my SVX while it was sitting. The car still starts and drives fine. But I hate that mice have been in my car.

How do we make sure they're all out and not in there anymore? Any suggestions? Cars should be driven, not to sit too long I guess! My friend said that those mice are real sensitive, if your car is moving around, engine heat and etc, they'd be scared and jump out from the car. I did catch one small mouse when I put one mouse trap beside my svx back tire overnight that time. I hate those smell too if they made **** in your car. Need a good cleaning.

Luckily, I'm not Earl. Say 19 (total) minus 2 (daily drive/rotating) = 17 (sitting) Say only 2 mice in a car, 2 x 17= 34. Wow, Earl might have a collection of 34 mice. Help!!
Wish you come out a solution for us!! You have lot of experiences.

I just hate those things in my car. Can anyone figure out and know where and how do they get into the interior, trunk? My altima sat for a long time, I didn't realize this problem. My Mazda sat for 10mths before I got a new clutch in, and I didn't realize any mice problem. Why only my SVX?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05