View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: Looking for another car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin View Post
the 2.5 na has know head gasket issues from 97-04
the 2.5 turbos have a a small screen in the oil feed banjo bolt to the turbo they can clog and starve the turbo of oil and sometimes kill the engine. the filter is cheap and pretty easy to get to. some people remove them, i clean mine every other oil change.

the outback xt was available in stick in all years. the legacy wagon turbo only had it in 2005.

the main reason i went for the outback over the forester was the transmission. the forester xt has a 4eat, the outback and legacy have a 5eat that is vtd with a 45-55 split. i wish i could get swap the drivetrain into my svx.
I was mistaken about the transmissions, it was the Legacy that was hard to find with a stick. I stand corrected. I'd also forgoten the Forester XT was saddled with the old 4EAT. This is good info. Has Subaru ever offered an H6 with a stick? I don't believe so, but perhaps I'm wrong there too.

Don't get me wrong, you've got a really sweet car. I somehow suspect that I'll always call that "the last real Subaru". GLWTS
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.