View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 AM

Registered SVX
Re: The Journey Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath View Post
i would say the owner of scarboro subaru admitted to stereotyping/discrimination because of the way i looked during the negotiations. i had long hair back then

as for the jdm Alcyone emblem - i bought that from here on a group buy. i figured it would have really suited the black car - the idea was to try to buy the jdm rear centre light to make it completely unknown (as for company badging)
That guy (the owner) is a maniac

I toyed with them for 3 weeks from mid January to early February. Each time I walked away from their best offer, I'd tell them that if they didn't sell it to me they would have to send it to auction and probably soon. I gave them all my card told them to call me when they did and I'd go to the auction and pick it up for $800. They'd reply that it will be "as is where is" not certified. I'd reply "You think I'm worried? I've driven the car twice, I know it doesn't need much" They'd all whince and then I'd remind them that my son-in-law was mechanic and it wouldn't cost me much to get whatever it needed done.

The day I picked it up, the owner didn't come out of his office.

They never had a chance
92 SVX LS-L - Teal- 254,000 KLM
04 Outback - 330,000 KLM