View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to alia176
Re: injector replacements?/suspension replacements?/seat replacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by torxxx View Post
guys I work @ a subaru junkyard so I have access to tons of older parts so I can look for the 91 legacy struts to compare. I'm always down for retrofitting. If a 91 tophat is closer to SVX (which is should, I don't understand why Subaru would change their templates and jigs for a car that they made less than 10k of each year). As for redrilling the strut towers, thats not needed. One would use the SVX tophats.

The car that I imagine would have closer to match struts would be a MY90/91 Legacy SS. They came with an automatic and AC so they were naturally heavier than any of the other legacies, not to mention they were turbo'd so theres more weight there too. I'll have to dig up some part #s and see if the used a different part than 92-94's

Thanks for letting me know that I can use my stock springs with the Koni inserts. I'm starting to get excited now, only thing is I wonder how bad they are going to rape me on shipping to Alaska. I'm gonna continue researching other struts that may work with minor modifications mainly for emergencies (like blew a strut and have to have car to get to and from work) Something that can be used until a replacement was shipped in.
Excellent info, dude. Thanks for doing some legwork on this as you're in an unique place to conduct this "research".

With respect to the original poster, should we start a new thread on strut interchangeability? I'd hate to derail this thread any more than it already has!

If the '91 works, then a whole world would open up to us!

'92 SVX LSL
'03 4Runner
'96 FZJ80 Landcruiser
'90 Mercedes 300E