Thread: 5spd chatter
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Never Forget

Registered SVX
5spd chatter

so as some as you may have read, i have done the 5spd swap with a 99 impreza trans and am having problems.

re-cap: the car can move and hit highway speeds, it shifts fine in all gears, and i replaced the clutch and pressuree plate with a ACT kit that can handle 308ftlbs of torqe.

problem: it could seem that the clutch slips howver i dont smell clutch after driving (troubleshooting) around for about an hour or so. 3-5 work almost flawlessly, but first and second are real sluggish. rpms shoot up and speed does nothing for awhile. tryin to hop in traffic wouldnt work well untill i get to 3rd lol

i took the clutch out to ensure it wasnt put in backwards and after veryifyin that, i adjusted and readjusted the clutch cable and the car does the same thing for the most part.

when stepping on the gas in every gear (letting all ponies and torque loose) there seems to be a litte slippage in 3rd -5th and little of "chatter" from the tranny and alot of both in 1st and 2nd....any ideas? viscous coupler?

thanks in advance

94 SVX L AWD Conversion Barcelona Red First car and now being restored, 215xxx