View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: This could explain a lot

Quote:
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower (R)
The Republican party was actually once empathetic to the common civilian. They didn't impose their will on the entire country, forcing their religious beliefs down the throats of a diverse population. Anyone who claims to want "small government" while denouncing a woman's right to choose, or freedom of religion has their perspective skewed.

To me, the modern Republican party represents small government only insofar as to not spend any money on domestic jobs. Big intrusion into every aspect of personal life, higher spending on war, cutting taxes for the rich while imposing the burden on the middle and lower class are in no way conservative ideals.

Remember; these "freeloaders" are American citizens, and deserve to eat and receive healthcare just as much as you, regardless of ethnicity. If we can find Billions of dollars in our budget to kill foreigners in their home country, and pad the bonuses of Wall Street fat-cats, then it seems like taking care of our own nation's destitute shouldn't be such an issue.

November 7, 2000 was the day that Democracy died in America. It will never be the same after that. We all know that "One Man, One Vote" works for other countries, but for some reason we can't get that right ourselves. I voted only once since then, but that was just to ensure that Palin didn't get within 100 yards of the White House. I didn't like the guy I voted for any more than McCain, just picked the lesser of two evils under any contingency.

As a self employed freelance worker with no union representation that puts me in a unique demographic. I pay almost 50% of my annual income in taxes, while being without health insurance or the eligibility to partake in the programs that I fund. That does not mean that I feel that we should cancel these programs just because I'll never get my share, that would be down right greedy. Ike would not approve.

NikFu: Like.

With that, I end my 15 hour work day (of which I only get paid for 8 because I'm on a flat rate at this company).
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Last edited by K_Dub; 03-18-2011 at 02:26 AM. Reason: I won't even get into Reagan.