View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Radiator supply?

I know I've mentioned this before but this year I really do need to buy a new rad. I have a pal in Canada who can bring one over on his annual visit and after a little research they seem to be available for about $185 Canadian. Happy days till I realised that we no longer get 2 Canadian dollars to the pound. So I tried UK suppliers. I seem to have found a firm that, if I send them my rad they will copy it, this time with brass tanks, for about £140. No saving, but no plastic to go brittle either! Anyone done this yet?

Before you all start with the 'They're not all in Jerusalem are they' sunny Stoke has fallen on hard times since this 'donate to the wealthy' recession took effect more than most places. Come the revolution....
While I'm on my soap box my bank has chosen to help small businesses by doubling my o/d interest rate over base, increasing their security and charging me (I eventually got a refund though) for the priveledge whilst enjoying a 48% margin on their business side. WTF didn't I go into banking I don't know. Self sufficiency on a croft away from them seems so appealing. If we ever go to war again I will need double the ammo and a rear firing gun to get even with the robbing scumbags on my list.
Sorry, but I feel so much better now. Thank you.