Old 03-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Re: This could explain a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarwhiz View Post
...paying the welfare checks...
The worst bit of welfare is that its use has completely changed since its inception. Getting one back on one's feet is very different than (when abused) a free ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
I find little motivation to cast a vote in any sort of election using a electoral system. ... I don't vote. I most likely never will.
At least as long as I live in New York State, I don't really have a reason to vote for this reason. Outside of New York City, the gap between Democrat and Republican is 20k votes - something I can contribute influence to. Beyond that gap, when you add NYC's influence, my support of either major candidate is handily absorbed in the hands of two Democrat voters for each Republican voter. No matter my choice, 29 Electoral College votes are submitted by my state. I may as well watch cartoons and eat cheez doodles instead of stand in line at my designated polling place!

This should also be testimonial to the difference between NYC and Upstate NY, which should be separated by a giant chainsaw for the benefit of both regions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
Traffic tickets = state income.
Ohai, "speeding tax"! Does driving a green Forester hastily constitute tax evasion in its low albeit lofty profile?

Last edited by LetItSnow; 03-17-2011 at 12:01 PM.