Thread: Farm, 2011
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Farm, 2011

The FIRST car to be placed in a shop was the Polo that OT dragged home from New York. The SECOND car to be placed into a shop was MY 92 silver and black.
HIS car was put in the place where sparks fly and mine went into the shop where PAINT flies.
We will be dragging OT's other car, that has been hiding from his neighbors for 3 years, up to the shops and making it 'pretty' too. Then he can take it home and put a fresh drivetrain in it.
I talked to my buddy 'Jim' tonite and told him that any car he brought down would be 'fast tracked' to RatRod status and set out front 'fer sail' till he came to get it. Jim has a LOT of 'old iron'! I figure that , by the weekend, there will be a 40 Chevy 2 door sedan delivered. Over a year ago, I had that puppy running and driving in a matter of a few hours. Then I welded new floors, etc in it. That is the car that he gave me the 86 Jag for doing.
The Jag is sitting in the 'detail' bay.

Cars are going to be 'flowing' out of those shops like NEVER before!
Randy does body work. He's my 'new crew'! He is not a 'gamer', is 'drug free', he is MOTIVATED and willing to LEARN, and he is 18 years old.
He does NOT want to slaughter chickens all night for $10. per hour!
The last time I had a young guy working with me, I put a project inside and 2 smaller jobs right outside the door and all three got attention every day. At the end of the week, all three were ready to shoot! Then we pulled them inside, one after the other and shot them all!
(YEARS ago, another shop) One saturday, we painted a roll-off container truck, a dump truck, a VW bug, a taxi, a 69 Plymouth Sport Satelite, a 69 Nova and 'touched up a 72 Satilite station wagon! ALL in the SAME DAY!
We spent 2 weeks getting ready, but all of it happened from 4:00 AM till 5:30 pm! There was me, one other guy that knew what was going on and 3 'helpers' that followed instructions!
The dump truck and the 'roll-off' truck got 2 color 'graphics' and the Nova got 'pin stripes'.
They ALL got the same color! 69 Plymouth white, so I didn't have to clean the 'color' gun till the end of the day. I had 2 other guns with the black and gold that the big trucks called for.
My 'shootin' arm was TIRED that day!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry