View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 07:44 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Bad Power Steering Pump?

I don't hear this noise when I first start the car but after it warms up I start to hear a rattle noise like ball bearings rattling around in the engine area. I think I narrowed it down to the area near the power Steering Pump. It appears to quiet down when I turn the steering wheel slightly. Like it appears to go away slightly when I am putting pressure on the pump/belts? Does that sound right? I also put my hand on the pump and believe that I can feel the rattle from that area. I checked the fluid and it was low so I added fluid. Don't know if I destroyed the pump because It was low on fluid. What do you think? If you think it is the pump, does anyone have a good one for sale that I can buy? Don't want to buy a brand new one if that is not the problem. If you guys are pretty certain that it is the pump, I will spring for a new one. If so, does anyone know the part number? Thanks guys. I guess I will have to find a new mechanic to install this for me since my main man YT shut down his operation.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander