Thread: Brake kits
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Re: Brake kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
This thread on NASIOC is a really good bit of information. As long as your stock brakes are in good condition no matter what upgrades you do to them you won't be able to stop your car one inch shorter. As long as you can get the ABS to cycle you've maxed out the braking performance of the car.
Stole my line... Unless you are doing prolonged track sessions where heat will be an issue there is no need for a larger than OEM brake setup. A maxxed out tire grip is a maxxed out tire grip. Whether you max it with a 2 piston set up or a 8piston set up. If you want to stop faster, get stickier tires. the following OEM brake set up has suited all my driving events just fine.

Raceconcepts slotted only rotors
New calipers
SS lines
Motul Superblue brake fluid
I forget the pads I have off the top of my head
I also removed the ABS system from my car

That set up is plenty for any auto-x or short track events. If you are wanting to do events where you will be out for over 10 minutes straight then you might want to investigate some different options.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5