View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 05:45 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: The "Ground Zero Mosque"

Sorry guys I just saw this thread.

To compare your case with the Muslim Mosque, I am going to give you the other way around: The Christian Church in a Muslim country (Qatar).

Even though the Emir donated the land for constructing the Church (a good gesture I suppose), he put restrictions on four things mainly:

- No CROSS apparent on top of the Church so that it looks like any other building, or a mosque without the Muslim "moon" on it.

- No BELL to be installed on top of the Church, WHATSOEVER!

- The Church will be located in a far... far away area (so that people cannot reach it easily)...

- ONE Church is to exist in Qatar.

The same restrictions are also for UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman. In Saudi Arabia and Yemen, no CHURCHES/CROSSES are allowed... Sunnis are more fanatic against Christians I suppose... In Iran, they are entitled to build up as many Churches as people desire, they have around 300 and counting...

I supposed I gave you ideas on what to protest against concerning this mosque...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.