Thread: Brake kits
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Brake kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Okay, the STI is new, but the technology is not. A variety of SVX parts are shared between it and Legacys and Imprezas of the same era of the SVX and after. Several electrical components, fuel injectors, alternators, power steering pump, various knick-knacks with regard to gaskets are shared between Subarus of that era and after. The designs are not that much different either. Two bolts keep the caliper on the hub, the hub is pretty much the same design. Okay, the sizes are different and that keeps them from being interchangeable, but to say that the SVX is completely incompatible with other Subaru parts is, in my opinion, a fairly inaccurate statement. Okay, the brakes don't mod easily. But, in other places on the car, parts from other Subarus look very similar or are exactly the same.
When I said almost nothing is compatible, I meant when in comparison to legacy and impreza parts being able to be swapped between those 2 models. Yes, there are a few random things here and there but overall, there really isn't much.