View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 09:27 PM

Re: Cars Comparable with SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
Completely stock VR-4's still go for 17K on average.... the average SVX goes for like 3K only a heavily modified SVX will go for 8K Don't get me wrong I love my SVX, but the VR-4 was hella more successful than our baby.

Honestly I've driven a 3000gt LS with VR-4 turbo's on it only pushing 5lbs of boost and I have to say it handled like a beast... but my SVX was hella more ballsy. The 3000gt is the closest car drivability wise that I've ever felt was comparable feeling to driving my SVX 5mt

I think the true comparison would be a TT built SVX and a VR-4 then you could actually tell. however the VR-4 has 4ws we don't... I dunno I love both cars

I think you've slightly misread what I was saying. I'm not saying at all that the vr4 was unsuccessful. In fact, I agree completely with everything you just said. I'm saying that IF subie had built a ttsvx, it would have been priced even higher and had even less buyers. That doesn't reflect at all what market values would be. Of course if we HAD a ttsvx, the market value would be much higher because they would have been seen as a car with "modability" and it would be more sought after now.

I'm just saying it's about the only car that on paper has some of the same stats. The main criteria being an AWD coupe. Sure, a better apples to apples comparison would be a 95 fwd svx vs. a 95 fwd atx 3kgt SL. But that's not top-of-the-line for either, so I was just throwin' it out there.

I'm just saying that it is the car that is most easily comparable to the SVX.

But I completely agree with somethingelse too, everytime I see a 1g talon, I do a double take! I was just telling one of my buddies that the other night! haha

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!