View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Re: SVX Won't Start... Fuel Pump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnycash View Post
The blue wire should have 12v onlY when the key is on. Yellow should have 12 all the time. Green is the switching wire from the ecu that should turn on the relay and then there is a ground. I would start by checking the yellow, and move along from there. Make sure you have power at blue at the pump. If all is good, you may just have a bad pump.
Alright, so here are the findings. Under the rear passenger seat I get 12v with the key turned on for a few seconds, I get nothing at all from yellow. Without the key in, with the key in, and with the key on - I wasn't able to get any voltage from yellow. At the connector to the pump I got 12v on blue again. I checked the modulator and got a solid 12v ground. Rechecked the fuses and all looks good.
So is it just a bad relay then? I've been able to drive it around. Is the fuel pump relay the silver cylinder one with the blue and yellow wires going to it from the harness under the drivers side? Part number 056700-5260 12v 22A. Should I go ahead and replace the main relay as well?