View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Wants to overheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
WORD, baby!!! Sometimes I get lucky. Actually, as annoying as this car has been, I have been pretty lucky. The gauge problem was only a sender. The dripping fluid from the bottom engine cover was a loose fitting on the power steering pump. The dead A/C was a leaky o-ring.

The thing that I find interesting about Michael's case is that the temperature rises quickly and stays high. In most of the HG cases, doesn't it usually start off with the gauge reading normal, spiking randomly and then settling back down?

On a related note, I really enjoy seeing the words, "This user is on your Ignore List."
It depends on how/where the HG is leaking. It has seemed common on the EG33 for it to read normal cruising on the highway, but then it spikes and stays hot once you slow down. On the pearlie I picked up (known bad HG) the temp gauge continually and gradually rises from cold to normal and then at the same pace continues to rise. You can also smell coolant burning and a little white smoke from the tailpipe.