View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: STeeL's built motor/turbo build

If you look towards the end of my engine build how to thread you will find some pictures of my manifold with new hoses on it. They should be big enough for you to follow the hose routing on them. You can also do it in front of the subaruparts.com website and use the part numbers on the packages of the hoses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STeeL25T View Post
Small bit of progress today:

The motor is now perfectly timed =) However, after a long crusade it appears I have lost a couple of bolts in the move to the new garage... And one of them is for a idler pulley... So can't go any further there until I order a new one.

Speaking of ordering a new one, my intake manifold is a complete cluster. I bought all new hoses to replace the dry rotted and broken ones, but they really only slightly resemble what the old ones look like... Frankly I have no idea where to put them, and the ones that are broken off way up... I have no clue where they go. It's going to be fun. If your looking at the manifold from the bottom side, diagonal on the other side from where the three metal hoses come though, well whatever that thing is bolted to the bottom has both nipples broken off so I'll need a new one of it. The large black box in the middle, the two hoses just kinda pull out of it.. Not sure if thats supposed to happen =)

Oh well, progress is progress. I discover a shifter and Subaru 6 CD Disc changer in my car I didnt know were there haha, so I can hold off on the Kartboy and perhaps sell the CD player to help cover the massive cost of my clutch since I think I'm just going to put my gauges and various switchs on a panel in there to keep them hidden away and clean looking.