View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: Almost sold my car at Panera bread today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
I will never sell mine. Too many memories in that car, and by May 2011, the SVX will "have been" in my life for 10 years.

She will always be my longest relationship
Ditto here.

As far as I'm feeling right now, I'll always have an SVX. Whether that SVX is MY current (and original) one, is often up for debate considering it's mileage and condition.

The debate being there are some great deals to be had here from time to time, and I know my car could probably fetch enough to the untrained eye out in the world that I could "upgrade" straight across.

But I always come back to the sentimental thing. Yeah I could trade for a straight body, better paint. Definitely lower miles. Probably better condition internals. But this was my first, and still only, SVX. I've had her almost 11 years. Over 100,000 miles of pure driving bliss in this one car. The car my future wife and I drove all over the state to weekend getaways. The car that drove us to the site where we got engaged. The car my first daughter was almost BORN in! The car that my daughter sits on my lap and steers around our driveway and says she wants to drive someday.

That's a lot of memories. Yeah, it's just a car, and those memories don't need the car to still be around, especially if it causes financial hardship. But for now, she's still worth more to me than a nicer SVX. And defnitely more than anything else someone could offer me in a realistic price range.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...