Thread: Engine pics
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 08:24 PM

Re: Engine pics

Thanks Mike.

CrazyPilot, that is a very interesting idea! If you had room to adjust the height of the links do you think you could adjust them longer or shorter to get more improvement from your sway bar? I don't know if that makes much sense. But very cool and something I will consider. Why did you end up there? Did you replace your struts?

Nikfu, I believe if I remember correctly they are Megan Racing Street Series and I stayed with a Subaru platform. I think they were the 03+ forester. Reasoning was similar lower mounting and our cars are heavy so I figured they would be able to handle the SVX nicely since they are also adjustable dampening.

Edit: sorry I missed a few responses.
Cam I got the hoses from Jegs p/n 865-28906 Silicone Hose Kit
3/16"/4mm x 10'
1/4"/6mm x 5'
1/3"/10mm x 2'
I know I should do the main seal and will definitely consider it but I am fairly certain either the engine or the trans will have to come out before too long. I am not overly confident in a used trans.

Johny, Only the crank pulley was Perrin, I don't remember what the part number was I originally ordered the lightweight pulley from motorsport warehouse and installed it, nice looking aluminum pulley which is why all the others were pretty much painted to match it. I also had ordered a Perrin Pulley for my Legacy sedan but never got around to installing it. So, after looking at them they were pretty much interchangeable and same size etc. so swapped the Perrin Pulley in. I will be using stock belts. I am going to wait to do the A/C belt until I can take it to be vacuumed and charged.

Hope I didn't miss anything or anyone

Last edited by sowise; 08-22-2010 at 08:41 PM.