Thread: Engine pics
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 01:42 PM

Re: Engine pics

Thanks guys, actually the block itself I did scrubb it down pretty good. The heads were pretty clean but I cleaned them up and painted the valve covers black with engine block paint. Gives it a nice dark look and pretty much matches the ceramic coating on the intake. For some of the parts I used a paint called alumi-blast (I think that was how it is spelled) makes the pulleys and steering pump look like a dull aluminum. All of the timing covers are new, replaced those when I did the HG, waterpump, and timing belt. I had other fuel rails cleaned up and painted but was having so much trouble getting the injectors out I went with the set up I got from Mike621 a while back. Some of the hardlines for the oil and such were sand blasted and painted. The fuel lines under the manifold were blasted and painted with the alumiblast.

I am thinking of doing the wrinkle coat on the oil pan, but haven't decided for certain. I just need to get the oil pan gasket, exhaust studs, and spark plugs and she will be done after installing the new flex plate. These will be installed then too.

Engine install will have to wait. I recently got the 4.44 trans installed and steering rack (minus tubing).