View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: Connecticut shooting and the "race card".

I overslept and missed BBC News Hour on my commute.

Most of the time I get my news from BBC on my drive to work, and NPR's Marketplace on my way home. For editorial comment, I never miss The Daily Show on Comedy Central. I developed a distaste for print news, long before the internet jaded me entirely, by reading The Boulder Daily Camera as a teen. They might as well call that rag the Daily Worker. I don't mind editorial, in fact I do appreciate hearing other's opinions on a subject after I've had a chance to form my own, but when you can't separate the facts from the writer's opinion then you can't form an educated opinion for yourself.

Case in point, and to bring this back to Chris' original post;

According to the Union officials and management at the warehouse the shooter never filed any formal complaints regarding discrimination. Getting home from work and b1tch1ng about your boss does not constitute "a history of discrimination". If it turns out that he had indeed gone through the proper channels of complaint, and that there is now a coverup, then sure enough this is a race issue. However, as I read the facts, there is no evidence that any complaint was made prior to the incident whereas there is video proof of him stealing beer from the warehouse. It doesn't matter what color you are, if you steal than you are a thief. The only color in question here is red. That was the color of his hand when they caught him, and the only color he could see when he was fired for being a rotten thief.

Mike,
I'm glad your family is all okay, I know how scary it is when these things hit close to home (my cousin attended Columbine HS in 2000).
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Last edited by K_Dub; 08-04-2010 at 01:42 PM.