View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Hypothesis: Hyundai Elantra drivers are complete f***tards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
that's hot!

i'll raise you:

The S type which uses the same platform as the Lincoln LS simply shows how good Jaguar is at taking what their told to do and provide the best possible outcome. Looks a hell of a lot better than the car on which it was based and actually fits that retrostyle quite well. Granted I would never touch one with a 10 foot pole but looks a heck of a lot better than virtually any badge engineered cars out there in the past 20 years.

As for the XJS, lets review what was being made at the same time as that was designed/ Chrysler was still making replacing its horns with "there she blows", Subaru was bringing us the FF1 and BMWs flagship was the wonderfly designed and built Bavaria (I know where you can get a beautiful example of one Tom if you want to explore your proud roots).

Oh and that group 44 XJS ran like stink beating out virtually all competition in racing for nearly 2 years when it was banned in the spirit of competition. While I wouldn't search out one, I would still be happy to drive a later 6 cylinder version for a beater car as it is a hoot to drive just quite cramped in headroom department. Just like most any other late 60s early 70s sports car design.