View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Steve,

An old mate of mine now dead, always with grease under his fingernails, would have put it this way. ---

“Bugger it mate this is not rocket science, all you have to do is stuff up the pump so that it does not work so good. Drill it if you can, but cast iron usually breaks, so belt it. If you can’t break it, grind it or file it and one sort of way or another stuff up the pumping bit. Don’t worry if it's a bit out off balance, water is damp and will dampen. Don't be so bloody fussy.”

Trevor.

This sounds like something you'd see engraved on a plaque in a museum somewhere Logic though is sound.

There are a couple things I'm going to try on a junk case here for S&G's, just have to pop the rotating assembly out of it and gut the valve train from the heads. Also going to hook a complete case/head assembly to the dyno's coolant pump(~500GPM max) and flow the case to it's limits to test balance.

However first, since the front end of my car is torn down to the timing gear I'll drill the impeller a bit and see what it does on the mustang dyno in a couple weeks. I have yet to experience this massive overheating issue