View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 01:00 AM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONES OFF ROAD View Post
If someone wants to post me a steel impellor, I would be happy to try it for next race in about 3 weeks, I was going to drill hole in the current impellor anyway!
Steve
Steve,

An old mate of mine now dead, always with grease under his fingernails, would have put it this way. ---

“Bugger it mate this is not rocket science, all you have to do is stuff up the pump so that it does not work so good. Drill it if you can, but cast iron usually breaks, so belt it. If you can’t break it, grind it or file it and one sort of way or another stuff up the pumping bit. Don’t worry if it's a bit out off balance, water is damp and will dampen. Don't be so bloody fussy.”

The same George Smith, won many, many races having given up on the fancy modifications and ways of keeping a gearbox from jumping out of second gear. His way, a length of welding wire attached to the dash and wound around the lever as and when required. It never failed him.

Well worth trying an impeller grind and best of luck.

Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!