View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 09:19 AM

Re: SVX bodykit and front update

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
This thread is so fun, your efforts are much appreciated Farang. I can't wait to see some updates on your SVX. If you get time could you possibly try the front end of a 92 300zx & Ford Probe? You're either a photoshop ninja or spend a lot of time working on these mockups, I hope it's not the latter. Thanks
I owned, and liked a 93 Ford Probe GT. The SVX is a better car in most ways, other than not offering a stick shift, and the back not opening as a hatch, but only a trunk.

If the SVX had a manual, and liftback, it would be very close to ideal.

I really like the Z32 300zx cars, as well, and I kinda want to buy one as another fun car. T-tops, manual gearbox, and a hatchback, and those sleek looks...

I could see the SVX gaining the Z32's sleek front end.

I'd love an NA 2+2 5-speed in blue. Either with the VG30DE tuned to 250-300 naturally aspirated horsepower... or in some sort of fantasy land, which I mentioned in another thread here... a nice low EG33 boxer tuned to about the same level, under that low hood.

A TT would be very fun, but the care and feeding of a 20+ year old twin-turbocharged car is a special kind of challenge. I don't know if I would want to take that on without a garage full of tools, a lift, and years of experience as a mechanic... or the dollars to be able to afford to pay someone else with those things.

An SVX would be interesting with a flush-glass hatchback like the 93-97 Probe, but styled like the current SVX... just the rear glass opening tall, with the trunk-lid, basically, and then the front end of a nice Z32 from the firewall forward.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.