Thread: I hate UPS
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Re: I hate UPS

Every package I have received from UPS has been damaged in some way. Dropped, stuff dropped on it, etc. It's absurd. I have had to file claims as well, which is essentially impossible, even if you pay for insurance.

To file claim you must contact the UPS you shipped from, as they're indepently owned. The parent company holds no responsability. Then you have to ship the item back to that UPS store, where they can assess the damage with an adjuster. If you are EXTREMELY lucky, you may be able to get an adjuster to to come to you. If you do, go play the lottery ASAP. Just because they approve an adjuster to come to you, doesn't mean he will. He will not show, then report back that he showed and no one was home so he could not inspect the package. This has happened about a dozen times to me. The adjuster will (in my experience) lie to you about the damage being pre-existing or occuring after it was delivered. Then he will bend you over and shove his fist, well, you get the picture.

On the plus side, FexEx packages have always arived without a problem ever! USPS is pretty good in my experience as well. And if there's a problem, any fedex or usps can handle it, not just the hsipping store.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!