View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Thinking of building a engine dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Hi Trevor,
The strain guage and data feed costs me all of $200 so its worth geting the data feed to a PL to PC. I have also figuring out how to read each exhast gase temp, just trying to work out how to read 6 Narrow band O2 sensors back to the PLC (Convert output to 0to 5 or 0 to 10v).

You are correct in saying I only want a base line number to work from that is why the base will be from a 100,000k engine with standard everything (No AC).

On you project did the load have to be increased as the engine increased rev right up to red line?

Tom I kind of agree that all the things you suggest change exhaust gase temp but feel that equally is a reflection of change in power. To some degree increased air & increased fuel means higher temp & a sort of increased power.

keep the info coming so the interest on the job stays.
Tony

Kinda of confused... The heat lost through the exhaust is energy not transferred to the flywheel. In all theory, the higher the EGT's the less power you *could* be making. I un derstand what you are getting at but you can run low on power with insanely high EGT's...

Its a line you have to walk... retarded timing can be a caused for higher EGT's because combustion comes too late and the charge is leaving without a full burn.

Tom