View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Re: Koni G/C Eibach Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsvx View Post
Todd,
How the heck you been??!! Seems like forever since we saw each other at READING, what, three years ago? Hope all is well.....

And YES!! the transformation was unbelievable! The 1 1/2 hour drive home was a joy and a blast. I even played a bit with a Corvette in the mountains of WVA
And if you notice in the autocross video, there is no perceived lean in the corners and slaloms of the course from the driver's seat. Tom says from watching (sorry, no photos cause Becky was not there with her super camera) from the sidelines that it was really cornering flat! What a change! Before, with admittedly high mileage (138K miles) struts and springs, slaloms especially were a real handful - almost NO CONTROL whatever. Just wallowing through. Now turn the wheel, and it goes where one points it! Just love'em!!

Harry
Hi Harry,
Glad you enjoy the transformation. It is really quite remarkable. I used to swap them out every spring and fall and was amazed at the transformation every time.

Life is good and keeping me busy, especially with my new son due any minute now (actually overdue by a week today).
Yep, been three years since my last Reading meet and I doubt I'll find time or inclination to be back. Have great memories from the meets past but now that the car's interior is emptied out from the B pillar back and with the higer rate springs the "GT" nature of this particular exapmle is missing. It makes the idea of a 10 hour cruise seem a bit punishing. I may change my mind but it'll be a while unitl we get our second son settled in and life back on track. In the meantime the "race car" (Liam's words) sits rarely used<sigh>.