View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:05 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Want to repaint mine... Some questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
Do they offer a warranty about replacing the glass if they break the glass in the procedure of removing it all? SVX has a lot of curved, fixed glass... that is a lot of hours, and a lot of effort and risk of glass breakage.
Well, that's exactly what they said - that it's a lot of labor to remove the glass. I didn't explicitly ask about insurance, given that $6K was above the budget anyway.

The question is whether repaints without glass removal are good enough, or will the new paint peel in a couple of years?

Quote:
I would definitely be all about removing trim around the windows, and using trim tape to peel-back the rubber seals, removal of the spoiler, etc... but I would make sure that the shop has things covered if they break the glass, or if the glass isn't re-installed correctly after the job is done.
... in which case, it's going to take some time before I can swallow $6-8K bill. Or, find a decent shop that could make it within the budget.

Quote:
Is it going to be a color change, or a re-fresh with the same color?
Well, I have not made a final decision. I sort of like her black as she is, but I also entertain the idea of making her two-color, lower part being the color named "daytona sunset orange" in Corvettes. Tried to do that in my photo editor:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg daytona-sunset.jpg (126.0 KB, 657 views)