View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 09:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to redlinedeath Send a message via Yahoo to redlinedeath
Re: first drive in over two years, trans problems.

now the REAL problems begin...

so before work today, i decided to re-adjust the brake band. if youve been following, car drove great at low throttle, but slipped under heavyer throttle. i put maybe 25 miles since i swapped that housing.

anyhow, back to adjusting the brake band. to be sure i didnt make any mistakes, i tightened all the way again, and backed it up exactly 3 full turns. more like 3 1/8 actually. anyhow, so all happy, i leave work jump in the car, and slowly throw it in reverse... it doesnt seem to back up smoothly. seems like it starts in 2nd, so as im driving, i very gently keep accelerating and the whole car starts shaking violently. imagine driving on the rumble strips on the interstate, thats EXACTLY what i felt. i let off the gas, and all 4 tires lock up. throw it in neutral, and a second or two later, it actually goes into neutral. pull over, and re-tighten the nut all the way, and i count the turns to get it down. a hair over three. back it up three and same thing. this time when i start the car, i get the flashing power mode light. check the codes, and i get 11, 14, 15, 21, and 25. car does the exact same thing.

also, during these times, i couldnt get the car over 20mph before the shaking started.