View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 06:33 PM
The Molinator

Re: NEW Fuel Pump.. . Brand?

Mat: Thanks for the extensive "HOW-TO"!
(1) Can I just use the enclosed crimp wire connectors to attach the new pump wires (mine has a nice 2-wire harness) to the upper OE wires? Is it safe electrically.. . Or should each of us place a fire extinguisher in our laps if we go anywhere?? Can I use typical shrink-wrap to tidy up the connection, or is it safe in the gas??
(2) Can I do this with a lot of gas in the tank? I just filled up.
(3) How far down is the 8mm bolt.. and L-shaped bracket?
(4) Can I do under gas?
(5) How far out can you pull the tank cap up while still attached to the internal pump harness AND fuel line(s)? How much slack before you have to remove harness and fuel line(s)? Is there one.. or 2 fuel lines under (attached to) the tank cap?
(6) I wish I could use a new seal, but seems like it will take ~10 days??
Thanks, Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!