View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 04:18 PM

Re: Any Other "Uni-Directional" Wheels??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
Actually, 17x8.5x46
I can easily mount swept-back, as the excellent TOYO TIRES VERSADO LX Luxury Touring tires are non-directional, only marked outside
Mounting forward was more fun at the meet, the illusion is persuasive
I can understand how that would generate a bit of a double-take for someone who knows the OE wheel design.

Quote:
The wheels are very heavy, not a performance upgrade other than touring, the wide 235/45/17 TOYO VERSADO LX plus the wider, larger diameter wheel is heavy, the combination weighs 15 pounds more than an SVX wheel with '97spec 215/55/16 tire.
That is the down-side of OE wheels. They are overbuilt to the point of being extremely heavy.

I too, like Toyo tires. I have a set of T1-Rs on the Miata that do a great job, the SVX came from california with a set of those, as well, but they were somewhat shagged out. She now wears a set of Michelin touring tires, and it is very nice.

I may check out the Versados, or maybe Toyo's sport-touring Proxes 4 the next time the Legacy needs new shoes, too. The General Exclaims are wearing faster than I would like, especially considering the Legacy wears snow tires for almost half the year.

Quote:
I'm very impressed with the wheel work by PHENIX WHEELS,

The ride is the best I've had on an SVX, after a recent 800 mile, mountain/valley trip with another set of 235/40/18 TOYO TIRES VERSADO LX on 07 SC wheels (car pictured in Black JDM thread), I didn't want to get out of the car.
My SVX has kind of spoiled my tastes, too. It is so comfortable and smooth, but doesn't give up control to do it. My lowered Legacy was harsher, but that has improved significantly with Bilstein struts. It is still more taut and active over pavement changes than the SVX is, though.

I wish I had the money for a really nice, fully sorted, 6-speed-swapped, great-condition SVX to save for road trips, special occaisions and nice days, and maybe to take to meets or small car shows, every once in a while. My current car is a bit worse for the wear, both on the paint, and the leather upholstery, and wasn't set right after an accident sometime earlier in it's life, but is a very nice daily driver to use an not worry too much about. I still quite enjoy the drive.

From the pic here, the wheel looks fantastic, in terms of the quality of the re-finish. They seem to have done quite a good job.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 04-20-2010 at 04:22 PM.