View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Hopefully not my last Reading but if this keeps up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
I have to agree with Ben here... For the last 3-4 years my motivation to keep my cars up and to make them better has primarily been driven by this site and its members. Friendly competition drove the mods while superior examples of class and aesthetics drove the need to keep it nice.

When member devotion and will-power to do the unreasonable to keep the cars on the road and keep them in *good* shape dwindled, my efforts to do the same did as well. Primarily in the past there was a tight knit group of owners who really did do a good job of this, they have all but been vacant from the site and sparse at meets, which now are few and far between.

Maintenance meets are a nightmare... trust me. I have seen what you do at your maint. meets out west, I like it a lot. Quite frankly, a maint meet out here has always been a smash and grab attempt at cheap/free labor when the participant blew past the line of being reasonable and would *get stuck* Two very different worlds, the East and West coasts. Hell, out East when I finished a job under time people asked what took so long... When I was out west it was a shock

Either way, group attendance and moral was way down this year from last... Who in the hell thought it appropriate to have a rolling parts car in the lot? There were parts scattered around like a 2yr old's play room.

I had a good time with good people, but it was no Reading... If it cannot turn around for the better soon I feel also this may have very well been my last. People can argue that I didn't drive my SVXi there... but quite frankly, I like driving the M5 more than the SVX and I didn't really come for people to see my cars.

Tom
I have 37 cars and trucks. I noticed last week, that the only car I drive that makes the cops look again is the SVX!
It has all the parts and the only thing 'different' is the primer spots everywhere.
They seem to be 'attracted' by the profile. It looks the same as it did 2 years ago when we met at the 'Pumpkin Carve'. (I Think that YOU moved the dealer tag).
I take pride in my sorry specimine. I actually knocked a LOT of dents out of it before that day!
I just 'recieved' the box of Knock Sensors the other day. I will enjoy the car a lot more once they are installed.

I just walked outside and looked at it again a few minutes ago.
It looks like it needs some 'love'. It also looks kinda like it would EAT anything that got too close!
If someone would not know that it had already covered 222K miles, they might think that it was 'rough'. MOST cars with that mileage would have been run through the 'Press' and been sent back as a new Kia!

It will be a while before it becomes 'pretty'. It WILL be the sweetest looking 222K car at Reading Next year!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry