Thread: Trans resistor
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 08:18 PM

Re: Trans resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Keith,

You have made a definitive statement as above, specially emphasised in red. Can you be sure that the modification caused the ruin of the transmission and if so, exactly how and what happened? This is vital information of universal interest and requires confirmation.

I would have thought that because the modification operates only intermittently and is adjustable, there should be very limited cause for concern.
Trevor, obviously the smallcar transmission kit is your "resistor of choice"
You call it "making shifts more abrupt"
I call it "rougher shifting"

It is easy to see how our both trying to say the same thing with different wording could easily develop into a major confrontation.

Lets just compromise and call it "more abrupt shifting"
On the outside chance that you are not into compromising, Trevor, Lets do this...
Accept the fact that my statement was simply in no way intended for your eyes, of addressed to you.
I don't think that you would agree with anyone on anything even if they called it rough shifting, and you were 100% sure that inducing rough shifting or abrupt shifting into the operation of a transmission could destroy the thing...

The few times you have given anyone any credit for any measure of knowledge are the times that they copy-paste back in one of your statements into their posting.

Cheers,

Keith

Incidentally Trevor, it isn't "emphasised in red"... it's "emphasized in red"

More Cheers

Last edited by kwren; 04-19-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: added "" "" for "emphasised in red"... it's "emphasized in red"