View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Hopefully not my last Reading but if this keeps up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Not having been there I'm just defending my friends.

The point about TVRs is not that they are bad cars, they are not actually built to German or Japanese levels of engineering, to which levels the SVX certainly is. And you shouldn't be able to talk your sticker guy into writing a certificate. By definition compliance should not be a subjective thing.

Cars in use will never be able to have the ultimate garage queen sheen. As they get older and used more they will show more wear and tear.

I personally would prefer to see them used than to see them polished. But when a nice clean garage queen sees the light, I'll slaver with the best of them.

Joe
I couldnt' agree with you more. I've known my inspection guy for years and he can be very understanding when you need to get a car legal so you can sort it outside of your driveway. Even had most everything working when I took it in, just lacking any emissions equipment which is only an issue the first year in PA. After that I can get an exemption based on mileage.

Having been across the pond, I'd even suspect that a full half of the cars in attendance wouldn't get through your process. My TVR included! When you can go to the junkyard and see better examples. The end is nearing! That said quite a few cars look better each year.

As for seeing them driven. That's exactly why I passed mine on. A car needs to be driven and mine wasn't. It got more miles put on it in 3 months then I did in 5 years when it left. I just don't drive a ton.