View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Hopefully not my last Reading but if this keeps up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
I will be the first to admit that my car isn't a showpiece. The fenders are rusting in the corners and I have a little less of my quarter panels every day. However, this in now way detracts from the pride I take in owning and driving my SVX. My car is always clean (washed once a week during summer, rinsed at least twice a week in the winter), the interior is spotless, and every mechanical aspect is cared for. The fact is I'm a full time student. I don't have the income to shell out several thousand dollars for a full restoration of the body. It is slowly improving. I replaced the doors with rust free ones 1.5 years ago. I have new fenders at home that are awaiting paint.

There's a big difference between "pride of ownership" and a show car. Just because my car isn't the prettiest one on the road doesn't mean that I have a grain less pride in it that someone who has invested $100,000 in something.

And I look forward to attending the next Reading meet that I am able to. Currently it conflicts nicely with my school exam schedule. Hopefully I'll be there for Reading XIII.
Did you read my posts Crazy, I'm talking about the cars which don't have doors replaced, or fenders painted or even wipers replaced even though you can see where it is starting to etch a very pricey windshield. Sure I guess you can be proud of the perfect circular line it leave but I wouldn't call that pride, I'd call it neglect.