View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:43 PM

Registered SVX
Re: NO MORE CLICK click CLICK START..ONLY START!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
Trever and Harvey,

Trust me no one wants this clicking to go away more then me. I have searched high and low for this relay but will do so again in an attempted to make sure I haven't missed it. I am not sure about the band aid fix but if that is the root of the problems that is a different story. I appreciate both your guys help .

My issue is special with it being warmer not having the clicking happening as much. as a matter of fact in the past 3 days I haven't really recalled it clicking but it might have. In place of the not clicking I have developed stalling which I will contribute to MAF due to it random and starting right back up. Good thing I have another svx with a good one...
When a security system is not fitted, the starter interrupt relay is not fitted and the relay plug connection is bridged by a simple plug. If your car was not fitted with a security system from new, there will be no relay.

It would appear that you have two intermittent faults and therefore have a real problem. As by now you will realise, you can't locate a fault when it is not playing up. The ignition switch must be very suspect, as it the item you are moving most often.

You talk about warmth/heat. The major factor here will be the temperature of the actual car. How do things compare, cold/hot engine?

You are the detective on site. Having received information, apply common sense and logic. In these circumstances the simple approach can be vital, and applied on the spot supersedes science. If you find a clue, shout. You are not on your own.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!