Old 06-17-2001, 06:42 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Good Point

Quote:
Originally posted by CGLathrop
The difference in temp is probably just as you said, having the sensor before / after the cooler. I have my cooler mounted in the front between the condensor and the radiator also. I wish I could lower the temp for TC lockup however. during the winter up here (when its -30) it will take my car about 30 minutes before it reaches TC lockup. And now with the additional cooler, I will have to come up with something to block the air from reaching it during the winter or I may never reach TC lock up. Did I ramble too much?

Chris
Hi Chris
Rambling is good, rambling keeps you fit!

Thanks for the info on this. I am about to get my tranny fixed anytime soon, and I am going to fit a cooler also as part of the job. I had already decided on the Tru-cool, I have it listed on-line at Baker Precision Parts for $60, sized at 8" x 11". Is this the same as yours? I emailed them for a spec sheet, but they haven't bothered to reply.

For your low ambient temperature problem, you should strongly consider a thermostatic valve. You cut into the line going to your auxiliary cooler rad, and put in one of these. The valve will remain closed until the oil reaches a preset temperature. You should probably have this temp a bit higher than your lock-up level. Otherwise you will have "cycling" on lock-up as the cooler is kicking in and doing it's business. This may not prove to be harmful, but I suspect would be irritating.

Cheers

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl