View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Thinking the 3.3 has got to go...

I have always wanted a SVX, since the came out back in 91. Now that I got one (only had it for a few months) I guess I am finding it WAY too slow. I have had some pretty serious rides. 420hp Evo, 410hp STi, 390hp WRX, 500hp R33 GTR-Vspec etc... I think I am going to swap in a EJ258 w/ 6MT really soon. The 3.3 just doesn't have any support and I am not one to tune using "chips". I like to be able to flash a new map on the fly. My Evo didn't go anywhere without a laptop and a Tactrix cable. LOL

From what I read on here you guys really dont like engine swaps.... I guess I'll be hated on here as well. I am dedicated to two cars, Subaru's and the Pontiac Fiero. I have had 8 Subaru's and like 25 Fieros over the yrs. I guess the Fiero can be blamed for my engine swap love. I have performed all the popular Fiero swaps and now I think its time to do the SVX. I doubt it will be as easy as the swap was in my old WRX. I put a JDM STi EJ208 w/ ver7 JDM STi 6MT and it couldn't have been easier... 8 wires (for the AVCS) and I had to re-clock the heater hoses... oh the horror! LOL

I would try the simple stuff like N20 and basic bolt ons but I just don't think the original 19yr old 80K mile drivetrain would tolerate it. I couldn't find ANY specific info on anyone actually going forward with a WRX or STi swap. I wonder why? Does anyone know of this swap actually been performed and had it running and driving?