View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: What is happening with SVXWN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Some have even posted their questions and have been met with a reply that says basicallt "the search button is your friend, use it". Sometimes searching is a problem if you don't know exactly how to enter keywords, especially for newer members. Evidenced by "I tried searching but came up with nothing")
I agree. Searching for many things is not easy even for a long time member like me. I tried searching for the Power MOD. The search engine changes that to "power, mod" so of course I get every thread that mentions power or mod. I try searching RX8 wheels and it tells me that data is to short. It will not look up RX8. So, I can understand why newbies ask the same questions that have been answered a hundred times.

I also understand some frustrations by older members that have answered the same question dozens of times and no longer feel the desire to answer them again.

Another thing is that many of the new young owners are really not dedicated to the car like older long time owners. To them it is something that was fairly cheap, has respectable power and looks great. When they find out it is not a light to light car and never will be and coupled with the expense of maintaining--they become disenchanted and sell the cars or most often end up parting them out.

Just a few of my thoughts---sorry.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE