View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 03:05 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
What is happening with SVXWN?

Ok guys, here is the thing. I am noticing day by day that our forum is getting slower in terms of expressing views and opinions. People are just not posting anymore, or rarely posting. Most of the activity is happening on the mod & buy/sell section.

For the mod, the only real activity I saw was Tony's cooling and Nevin's swaybar threads.

As for the buy/sell, there is some activity here and there in the parts/cars for sale, but rarely does anyone look at the wanted section.

I hate to start this thread and admit the real facts happening, but this is the truth. I love this network and I want to keep seeing people expressing opinions here and engaging into discussions and mods sharing. I joined since 2004, 6 years now, my longest personal relationship, I am happy here and I want to stay that way. HOW ABOUT YOU PEOPLE?

Is it an economy thing where people cannot afford maintaining these car, hence selling them? Is this how we are loosing members/posters?
Is it maybe because we got divided into two groups, hence lost momentum?
Are people moving on with new cars?
Are we loosing members because they are selling their SVXi to lastcentury'seraVWowners?
Is Earl buying all SVXi in the US, hence monopolizing that rare breed? (but he is compensating with postings)

Seriously now, no love anymore for these cars? I still remember few years back when people were posting like crazy, too much interaction happening. Those were the good ol' days.

From my side, I will NOT budge and no one can oblige me to. God forbids, if my SVX got burned to ashes, I will even go to the extent of illegally importing one, replacing its VIN with mine and drive it. This car is too good to be true that rare nowadays are the ones who can match its appeal, comfort and quality.

For me this "segment" of cars became extinct. The Dodge Stealth/3000GT, 300ZX, Supra & SVX... they no longer build them as they used to be. They are better than the 80's Japs and DEFINITELY better than the 2000's.

Do you guys really think that the 350z replaces the 300zx for example? What does come close now to the SVX?
1- >2003 Merc 320CLK? hugely expensive to maintain.
2- Nissan GT-R? LOL
3- Infinity G37? a 350z with some Makeup. Needs more maintenance than the SVX
4- Porsche....? Euhhhh
5- Impreza? Evo? RX-8? Naaa

So people stop selling that wonderful car, it is never expensive to maintain. Look at NASIOC/EVO forums and check out how much people are spending on just a BBK. $4000~$9000 JUST ON BRAKES! Just keep them going, keep lurking around and keep sharing your opinions..

Sorry for the long post, had to say this.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.