View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:24 AM
$1 is just $1, but $2 = nachos

Re: STi brakes, the brute force way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegdrgr View Post
Excellent information!

Let me know if you are looking for STi axles, I have a new pair that were installed in a car but never used. For the cause I would be willing to make you a great deal on them.

I started to look into this myself, but I was looking to see if I could put the STi control arm in there. Sounds like you have a very doable way to get it done.

I know that you can get a ball joint taper bit, although I am not positive it is the same angle as the Subaru ball joint.

Jarrad
I just ordered some axles from the dealer (haven't received them yet)... got a raging good price on them because the parts guys are nice enough to give me cost + tax on most items since I'm in there replacing the stuff I break on my track car all the time. But I'd be really interested in finding out what you want for those axles. Even the good price on the new ones put me over my budget, since I was figuring on being able to get some remanufactured axles for this swap.

Want to PM me a price? I'm afraid the shipping costs may end up eating up whatever you could save me though... axles are big and heavy!