View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 AM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: Another overheating thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
Engine reseal kit gasket list below. You can always sell the valve cover reseal gaskets on here. Someone always needs them.

Another option, of course, is to buy one of the low mileage JDM engines and just doing and engine swap.

Lee
Thanks for the listing, it is appreciated. That's probably what I'll end up doing, since I think if I piecemeal that whole list together without the VCG parts, it'll end up being more than the whole kit that includes them.

I thought about going the JDM engine / used engine swap route, but decided against it for a few reasons. My feeling is that since Japan is small and densely populated, those motors mainly see lots of stop-and-go, around-town usage when in service. They were removed from the cars and have been sitting since who knows how long ago. Even if you get a good one - the gaskets / seals are the same age as ours regardless of mileage, so I'd probably be on borrowed time anyway. Might as well do the gaskets on mine, so I know it should last a good long while after that (as long as I don't mess it up, that is).