View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Hesitation Found: Ecu Crush Mod Really Works

If you order a stage 1 from the ecutune website and include a note in the paypal transaction asking me to send you the aggressive software instead of the 1v5 I will. That software gets better performance and better fuel economy at the same time. The compression in your car is probably low enough for you to run 87 octane with the the "chip" running it's default tune so you won't have to install a switch to run 87 octane.

On the stage1 aggressive software the switch actually makes it run a tune with even better performance but no improvment in fuel economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
To bump an old thread. My 92 SVX LSL is a 6/91 build. It has the ROM chip, no tan resistor and the noise suppressor is absent. The loop is there, just not the black bit.

That sucks since mine has a bit of a hesitation when pulling away from a dead stop. It feels like the ECU pulls timing (quite a bit at that) for s split second. I may have to buy the ECUtune kit anyway in order to run 87oct. No sense in running premium since I drive like a granny anyway.